Friday, August 21, 2009

Summer Favorites!!!!

I've been tagged by my bloggy friend Queen Bee Swain. I know you are already reading her but in case not go to
http://queenbeeswain.blogspot.com/
Because she is absolutely delightful and upbeat!!! Thank you for the tag--my favorite summer memories etc.

Fav Summer Movie

We seriously have movie "seasons" in our home. I have certain fav's I have to watch at Christmas too. But for summer I love-

Jaws! and The Flamingo Kid....I also enjoy seeing the new blockbusters with my son's. We loved Transformers this year and as many of you know I finally discovered Twilight

Fav Summer Cocktail

I love cocktailing in the summer. I kind of like to cocktail in general. I'm a huge fan of California Chard--J. Lohr. But I also enjoy a home made Margarita from time to time. I'm kind of boring in this category. Sorry.

Fav Summer Song

I live vicariously through songs/music. I love listening to loud music in my car. I love

Boys of Summer
Lose Control
Doing the Helen Keller
Shake It
Girlfriend

I could go on and on

Fav Summer Meal

This is sooooo easy! Lobster/King Crab Legs/Crab Cakes/Hard Shell Crabs--any and all seafood--yummy

Fav Summer Outfit

I live for clothes. I love Lilly Pulitzer--it is a summer staple. Let's face it when you are hot nothing looks more polished than a pressed cotton shift, a little kitten heel open toe shoe and lots of bangles. Even if you are a mess. I also love when it starts to get chilly. I'll wear shorts with heels and then a cashmere sweater.

Fav Summer Read

I have to say I've been a bit dissapointed with my summer reading. I'm hoping when I buy the Twilight series that will change. I wish Plum Sykes would come out with a new book or that author of The Devil in The Jr. League.

Fav Summer Moment

I have fond memories of summer. And each year in aticipation of summer I recall just how lovely it is and wait with baited breath. But now that I have children I have to say it is hectic. I don't want to sound like a total baby but I've barely had time to exercise or bath since all I do is cart my oldest to regatta's. Whine whine whine. Before children I loved sitting on the beach and then sitting around the beach house laughing over cocktails. I love to walk/run on the beach (can't remember the last time I did that). But my fav moment I guess is going on our boat and seeing the smiles. I have yet to water ski this year (again whine whine whine). I do love going to Maine. I think my best memory is sitting by the pool, looking out at the river, reading a magazine in peace. Oh yes and hearing my children laugh (I don't want to sound like a total spoiled sport).

Now I get to tag people to tell us their summer favs:

Lillies and Grapes--she'll need something to do while she recovers
Bella Dreams
Things to Share
Step Inside
Mean Girl Garage

xoxo

Stay Pretty

BETH

12 comments:

  1. Love your answers!! Have a fabulous weekend!!
    xxxx me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to come up with a summer cocktail too! Who the heck has time to drink them!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your songs are all so different! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Thanks for finding my blog... Its crazy people read it. I really like your blog and all the things you do and say. I will be back to read it again, even though the pink hurts my eyes and head. Uh I don't read books its one of my down falls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it all and am totally going to bust out my cashmere tonight with my shorts when I go out :)

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm.....Now I have to do some thinking, huh??? Yikes!
    Thanks for the shout out though!!!

    Loved YOUR answers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lilly and seafood are fab for summer :)

    ... and just about anytime really.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been debating with myself over Twilight. I have the first two books, but I just haven't picked them up yet. We did the movie recently and I have to agree with most women that that Edward is H-O-T! LOL!

    I agree that Plum Skyes and The Devil in the Junior League author need to get moving on new books!

    Enjoy the rest of your summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your list Miss Social, although we are now beginning to feel like the last humanoid on the planet who has not seen Twilight.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, I missed the part where you tagged me. I love your list. I did mine today! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete

Talk preppy to me! xoxo