Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday Fun!

Hello To all the lovely ladies and gents in the pink and green blog land!

I'm starting to get involved in the gardening around here. It is very woodsy and rustic where I live. We live on the water and are surrounded by trees. It feels like a bird sanctuary starting in the very early spring! Seriously...sleeping with the windows open poses a difficult problem when the wild life begin its day at 4:00AM. I thought it was going to be so peaceful when we first moved here. We are away from any busy streets and sit far back from the road. The first night we could sleep with the windows open-- I got so excited. That quickly went out the window when my precious beauty sleep was interrupted at far too early of an hour for me. Quite funny! So I am off to nurseries to try to whip this place into shape. Wish me luck--this is so not my thing.

I hope everyone is having an amazing Thursday!

xoxo

BETH

PS

Do you know anyone who has chronic illness or pain? This might be helpful!
Check out Marc Lerner’s eBook & Teleseminar on A Healthy Way to Be Sick – it will help you and others with pain or chronic illness better cope by teaching you to develop habits that let your mind take control of your body for a greater quality of life. Marc is blind and in a wheelchair and teaches others to tap into the Wisdom of the Body. http://tinyurl.com/psg9j3

11 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK!!! I have NOT been blessed with a green thumb like my mama....I love peace lilies because you can't kill them!! Just wanted to let you know that I bought your book today!!! I am so looking forward to it and plan on sharing it with all of my SClimbing friends!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been getting woken up the past couple of days by some very loud birds AND I live in the City!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'm a plant killer so I can offer no advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same issue with the chirping birds! Haha! Sometimes I can sleep right through it. Others....I slam that window shut!

    Have fun gardening! Certainly not my thing either. However, I plan to plant a little vegetable and herb garden this weekend. We will see....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same bird issues! I also have a few tree frogs that are currently looking for dates and they are SOOOO loud. I need a white noise machine to drown out their screeching. It's awful! Good luck with the landscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck- you must show pictures... sent you an e-mail!
    xxx me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh darn, with all the rains recently, the tree frogs & bullfrogs have been going at it at all hours of the night. So much for sleeping with the windows opened.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a garden day here in New England as well. I'm moving several plants around in 2 seperate gardens on our property today. My husband is currently cutting back branches for a better "water" view.
    Have fun with the gardening, Beth!

    P.S. So loved Social Climbers!!! I spent several years in Radnor and loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll have to let us know how your gardening turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with gardening Beth! Start small with perennials (the plants that come back year after year). They are pretty maintenance free and just keep coming back. I have tons of iris plants that are so beautiful and they multiply, so two years ago when I got them, they were small, but now they are huge and take up more space, which I love. Hastas are also great and easy ground cover. Again, they get bigger after the first year and expand quite a bit. I also have butterfly bushes and day lillies. Start small, have some success, and by this time next year, you'll be a pro! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Talk preppy to me! xoxo