We went to LBI for the weekend. Even though we live near the beach going to a completely different beach town feels like a vacation. My girlfriend has a house up there and it was so fun to just sit around. When I'm home I feel like I should be "doing something" all the time. Then feel guilty if I'm not. It was so relaxing. Although I do feel tired today. Probably good I'm having a coffee meeting a little later.
Domestic Diva tagged me for top 5 fun things you love about summer! Then I get to tag people to share their 5 fun things.
1. I love going to the beach with a couple of other families. We bring food, drinks, bud light lime beer. The children swim, surf, boogie board. We sit and watch them so they don't drown. The husbands talk about sports. The ladies sit in our chairs and gab. It is so relaxing. When we get home our son's go in the pool. I clean up, make dinner and enjoy the screams "cannonball" coming from the pool. After everyone is set for bed I take a shower and climb into bed myself. I always feel happy!
2. Going out on our boat. We have a motor boat because we love to water ski! Just watching everyone take their turns and the smiles on their faces leaves a perma grin on my face. Much like the beach we always have some ice cold beer with limes.
3. Friday night sailing races. Our club has sailing races most Friday nights. My oldest son and husband go out with friends of ours. The wives sit on the deck, order food and literally don't watch the race. It is just the act of going and being on the water.
4. Going to Maine. My best girl friend from college has a house in Maine. It is beyond beautiful up there. We love that our children are growing up together. We don't live close to each other year round so this is our time together--no husbands. We shop, go out to eat, or sit around. My girl friend is an amazing cook. I dread going cause I always gain weight. That is the only down side.
5. Picking out Lilly Pulitzer outfits, jewelry and shoes. I love deciding what to wear to each event!
I love summer!
The Company She Keeps
Nautical by Nature
The Pink Tutu
Etiquette with Miss Janice
Hope everyone is having a great Monday!