My newest love Bitsy and Olive tagged me for tag I'm it 10 things about myself so here we go! Thank you Bitsy
1. I grew up a total girly girl--no tom boy here. I went to etiquette school, dancing class and was a deb-and loved every minute of it!
2. My Grandmother owned her own business and was divorced when women didn't work or get divorced. I'm supposed to be just like her. I hope I NEVER get divorced....but I like owning my own company.
3. I love having brown hair and being pale. I learned in school that Episcopalian women of Scottish decent are the biggest minority in the United States. The difference? We don't feel or act like minorities. I always thought that was interesting. Mostly because I don't feel at a disadvantage ever and always want to empower people.
4. People always ask me why I am so dressed up, including my husband. Yet I have dressed this way, every day my whole life.
5. My sister died when she was 44, I'm convinced she still speaks to me through playing me songs on the radio--my mother thinks I'm crazy.
6. I went to college to be in a sorority--I'm not kidding--not even a little. But I ended up learning a ton and loving school- a first for me.
7. When my first son was born I had a nervous breakdown. I thought I would love it and I did not. I was convinced something was wrong with me. Good news is I grew to love it...but it took time.
8. I wrote a novel but do not know how to write. I never took a writing class, don't know how to spell and was the publicist who never wrote a press release. Sometimes I just do things because I feel like it.
9. Other than shopping the only other thing I'm good at is skiing. So, of course, I wonder every day why I have friends, a husband, and my children like me. Other than planning dinner (notice I don't say cooking) I spend most of my time planning outfits/hostess gifts/talking on the phone. I feel boring and shallow except when I'm with my family.
10. I'm 37 and still haven't figured out my purpose in life. I know I'm a mother, wife, author, daughter....but I think there is more. Then I freak out that I'm having a mid life crisis.
Hope this isn't TMI.
I would like to tag:
California Born and Virginia Raised
The Life of a Small Town Girl
Brunch at Saks
Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets
Our Crazy Life
And to my favorite all time blogger. The reason I'm here....Queen Bee Swain
Thank you as always for being a unique, supportive community. I love being a part of it!